Welcome to Wellness!
"If by gaining knowledge we destroy our health, we labour for a thing that will be useless in our hands." ~John Locke
'' Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning." ~ Thomas Jefferson
Wellness Department Philosophy
Our philosophy is to promote all aspects of wellness within the Sharon High School Community. This includes promoting the physical, emotional, mental and social aspects of each individual’s health by providing a comprehensive curriculum in the classroom as well as in the physical education setting.
A core theme in our curriculum is to encourage students to establish healthy habits and behaviors that they will be likely to embrace and thus incorporate now as well as into their future lifestyles.
Our ultimate goal is to empower our students to convey this philosophy throughout not only the Sharon High Community, but the Sharon Community at large as well.
- Freshman Wellness Course Overview
- Sophomore Wellness Course Overview
- Wellness I (9th Grade) Powerpoints
- Wellness II
- CDC Disease Information - Excellent, reliable, research-based information on communicable and noncommunicable diseases as well as prevention
- Mayo Clinic Health and Disease Information - A certified trustworthy website for accurate health information
- Drug Information and Downloads for Parents and Students (excellent resource!) - Excellent resources for parents to download
- Healthy vs. Unhealthy Dating Relationship Information
- Comprehensive List of Links to Dating Abuse Websites - Links to websites on Dating Abuse
- CDC information on skin cancer
- Melanoma Foundation of NE website - Excellent information on Malignant Melanoma
- Norfolk County District Attorney's Office on Substance Abuse
- Article on STRESS - Good website for teens to read on many topics
- Comprehensive Nutrition Information
- Drug Information for Students, Parents, Teachers
- Kids Health
- New Beginnings Drug Lessons - Lessons for drug education for various grade levels
- IHT Zone (Heart Rate Monitors)